Policies aren’t a whole lot of fun to read (or to write, for that matter). That said, these ones are included here because they cover important topics that it’s necessary for a counselling client – or potential client – to be aware of.
If you can’t find the answer to something you’re looking for here, drop me a line using the contact page.
- The price of a session will be provided to the client in advance.
- Payment must be made either a) in advance or b) at the end of each session.
- Payment options are cash, paypal or bank transfer.
- For bank transfers please pay: QPK COUNSELLING LTD 12-3119-0106375-00 and include the session date and time as reference.
- In the event that payment is not made at the end of a session then no further sessions for that client will be booked until payment has been received.
- GST receipts are provided upon request.
- Goods and services will not be accepted in lieu of payment.
- Koha may be negotiated.
- All sessions are one hour (60 minutes) long.
- Sessions may go over time upon mutual agreement.
- All sessions will take place in the QPK Counselling Ltd. professional rooms in Rosedale.
- Available counselling hours are clearly listed on the website.
- For sessions during those hours standard fees are charged.
- Out-of-hours sessions may be provided at the discretion of the counsellor.
- Out-of-hours sessions are charged a flat fee of $90.
- It would be preferable to receive several days notice if the client is cancelling or rescheduling an appointment (this gives the opportunity to reallocate the time to someone else).
- If cancellation or rescheduling takes place with less than 24 hours notice then the client will be charged full price for the session.
- Koha/pro-bono clients who cancel with less than 24 hours notice will be charged a $20 cancellation fee.
- Exceptions may be made (e.g. in the case of accident) but are at the discretion of the counsellor.
- Payment for a cancelled session must be made before another session can be booked.
- If you have any concerns, complaints, or questions, please talk with the counsellor.
- If you are unsatisfied after talking, then a complaints procedure will be followed.
- Everything shared in the QPK Counselling space during a session remains confidential, with some exceptions:
- SUPERVISION: All counsellors attend regualar supervision. Session information may be shared with the supervisor (who maintains confidence) in order to improve professional skills. Identities are not shared.
- RISK OF HARM: If the counsellor believes that a client is at imminent risk of harm to others or themselves then legally the relevant information must be shared with appropriate authorities.
- In the event that confidential information needs to be passed on to reduce risk, the minimum possible information is shared, and only to those with whom it is absolutely necessary.
- The usual filing system for sensitive documents is used for client details and notes.