Inclusive counselling for allParticularly queer, poly and kinky folk
Haere mae and welcome! My name is Dee Morgan, and I provide inclusive and affirmative counselling for anyone in the greater Tāmaki Makaurau/Auckland region – but particularly people who identify as queer, kinky, polyamorous, trans, or as any part of the rainbow community. I am a Registered Provisional Member with NZAC (New Zealand Association of Counsellors).
Whether you live your desires openly or have a more private approach, I am happy to work with you. My aim is to provide you with the space to explore your issues in a safe counselling setting, and to empower you with appropriate tools to achieve your goals.
You can see the session times available and make a booking here.
People choose to come to counselling for many reasons. These can include:
- having difficulty adjusting or having challenges within a current relationship;
- having difficulty coming to terms with past trauma;
- wanting a deeper understanding of their identities or means of sexual expression; or
- wanting a better understanding of a partner’s needs.
Some come to counselling to discuss issues unrelated to their gender or sexual identities, but feel more comfortable speaking with someone knowledgeable about alternative lifestyles and identities. That’s absolutely welcomed as well. Find out more about working with me and the counselling process here.
I have worked with clients on a wide variety of different issues. Some of these (in no particular order) have included:
- anxiety – both generalised and specific
- chemsex and drug difficulties
- clarifying relationship expectations
- dealing with grief and loss
- depression, and its impact on self and others
- difficulties with metamours
- experience of body dysmorphia
- exploring attraction
- exploring BDSM, kink, or fetish desires
- exploring gender identity
- having difficulties in the home or the workplace
- identifying as asexual and/or aromantic
- increasing ones self-acceptance, self-worth, or self-esteem
- living with suicidal and/or self-harm thoughts
- managing anger issues
- merging households together
- opening a relationship up
- reducing negative body image
- safely presenting as oneself
- sexual incompatibility with a partner
- supporting older relatives
- trauma from abusive relationship(s)
- trauma from childhood
- trauma from sexual assault
- trauma from suicide loss
If you are unsure if I have the experience to assist with a certain topic, you’re welcome to enquire here.